About Me

My photo
Lover of God, wife to an incredible man, freelance writer, world traveler, and avid dreamer. I am a mother of three amazing children. To me, children are one of our greatest untapped sources of creativity, inspiration and innovation. Their dreams and abilities necessitate our investment in them. If you follow God's plan for your life, you can't fail. So ask Him to show you what it is and help you walk it out.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Preparations

The word prepare is used in the King James version of the Bible around 81 times. In other translations, even more than that.  That gives us a good indication that God is into preparation, to say the least.  When I think of preparing in the Bible, a few favorite scriptures come to mind.  2 Tim 4:2-"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season." Implied in that is that conditions may not always be favorable to preach, therefor we must prepare.  Prov 9:2 referring to Wisdom (personified), explains that "She has prepared her meat..." Moreover, Prov 31 describes in detail a virtuous woman who is preparing for every scenario of life, and her preparations even effect how others view her husband. My absolute favorite is John the Baptist.  His assignment on Earth was to prepare the hearts of men for the coming of Jesus in the body.  Our assignment as born-again believers is also to carry on the work of preparing the way for the Lord's return.  



Now on to natural preparations.

Looking over my list of things to do by 35, I listed a few physical goals.  In order to achieve them, I must prepare properly.  



Well, I have started jogging/walking at least 3 times per week.  Things have been going well, I have improved both speed and distance. 

I will be starting a marathon training at a local facility, if they have room.

The most interesting thing I find about training is that I really enjoy it.  When I am out there pounding the pavement and breathing in fresh air, I feel so alive and strong.  Longevity is very important to me, and I feel like this is a good step toward that.

No comments:

Post a Comment