About Me

My photo
Lover of God, wife to an incredible man, freelance writer, world traveler, and avid dreamer. I am a mother of three amazing children. To me, children are one of our greatest untapped sources of creativity, inspiration and innovation. Their dreams and abilities necessitate our investment in them. If you follow God's plan for your life, you can't fail. So ask Him to show you what it is and help you walk it out.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Humility

"By humilty and the fear of the Lord are riches, honor and life." Prov 22:4


I've found that on this quest to finish strong, there are many obstacles.  None of them are uglier or stinkier than pride.   Pride is not when we think we are intelligent or capable.  It is when we think more highly of ourselves than we should (Ro 12:3). We can not believe we have all the answers or know it all, yet we don't have the results working in our lives. 

The proof really is in the pudding. 

Or as I like to say, you can't argue with fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.  After looking around my life, I found some "get started and not finish fruit", some inconsistent fruit and some lack of preparation fruit.  It was quite painful, but pruning always is.  But the thing about pruning is that it helps you grow, and you can't grow without humility. 


No comments:

Post a Comment